Information Access and Protection of Privacy

The 91pro视频 (HCDSB) is committed to protecting the right to privacy for students, staff, and families.

Personal information is collected under the authority of the Education Act and in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA).

For more information, please read the Notification of the Routine Collection, Use & Disclosure of Student Personal Information鈥.

What is the Education Act?

The Education Act is the provincial law that governs education in Ontario and authorizes school boards to:

  • Collect personal information for the purpose of planning and delivering educational programs and services;
  • Report on their activities to the Ministry of Education.

Under the Education Act, the Principal of the school is required to compile a student record, known as the Ontario Student Record (OSR).

How Does the 91pro视频 Collect and Use Personal Information?

Personal student information is collected directly from parents, guardians or students under the authority of the Education Act. Information collected will be used in accordance with MFIPPA for:

1. Planning and delivering educational programs and services;
2. By 91pro视频 employees who need to access the information in order to do their job;
3. To comply with legislation or law enforcement; or
4. In compelling circumstances affecting the health or safety of students

Notification of the collection and use of student information is indicated on student registration forms and updated annually. Personal information collected and used for any other purpose requires the consent of a parent/guardian or the adult student.

How Do I Access My Child(s) Personal Information?

Parents/guardians can request access to information held by the HCDSB by contacting the Principal of their school, or the school that the student last attended. While an individual has access to their own personal information and general records, they do not have a right to access personal information about any other student, unless they are the parent or guardian.

How Do I Correct my Personal Information Held by the 91pro视频?

Parents/guardians and students over 18 years of age may request a correction be made to their records. HCDSB is required to make the correction when the student record is incomplete or inaccurate. However, the 91pro视频 is not required to correct a professional opinion, an observation made in good faith, or a record that was not originally created by the 91pro视频.

How Do I Get a Copy of my High School Transcript
(Ontario School Transcript)

Transcripts and Diploma Requests are 

Important Notes When Requesting a Transcript/Diploma:

  • If you would like to receive a digital copy, select the 鈥Include a digital copy (PDF) version of my transcript, emailed to me鈥 checkbox.
  • Requesting a digital copy means you are accepting responsibility for the digital version of your transcript. HCDSB will make every effort to securely provide the digital version of your transcript. You will either receive a secure link or an encrypted email containing the attached PDF. If you are not able to access your transcript through either of these methods, HCDSB will send your transcript via standard email.
  • If your child has graduated and is over the age of consent (18 years), you may not request or receive a transcript without the written authorization from your son or daughter.

Delivery Details:

  • Once your order is received and completed, you will receive a confirmation email.
  • All transcripts and diplomas will be sent to you via regular postal mail or may be picked up at the Catholic Education Centre (802 Drury Lane, Burlington, ON). 
  • If you choose to pick up your transcript and/or diploma, it will be kept at the Catholic Education Centre for one month. If you do not pick up your transcript and/or diploma after one month of receiving a notification email, your order will be destroyed securely, and you will be required to submit a new request.
  • If you would like to receive your transcript or diploma using a third-party courier service (as opposed to Canada Post), you must choose that mailing option. You or someone you know should be available to sign for it. If you are not available, follow the instructions provided to you by that service provider for picking up your mail at that service provider鈥檚 Service centre. Service providers are not able to hold onto your transcript for an extended period.
    • If you choose to use courier service, you will receive your transcript within 3 days of the date in which HCDSB arranges the service. You will not receive your transcript or diploma within 3 days of submitting the request.
  • HCDSB does not forward transcripts or diplomas to Colleges or Universities听in Ontario.听Those requests must follow听听补苍诲听听submission processes. If you do not see the Ontario college or university on the list of post-secondary institutions, contact OCAS or OUAS.
  • HCDSB will, however, mail transcripts to post-secondary institutions outside Ontario. You will be required to provide the student number assigned to you by that institution and the correct mailing address. Send that information to听records@hcdsb.orgafter you submit your request. In the subject of your message, you听must听include your transcript request order number. Not doing so may delay our ability to send your transcript to that post-secondary institution.
  • HCDSB does not mail transcripts to more than one mailing address unless the requester submits a separate request.

Estimated Delivery Times:

  • Transcript digital copies will be delivered in 1-2 weeks.
  • Transcript hard-copies will be delivered in 2-3 weeks. 
  • Delivery of diplomas can take up to 6-8 weeks. If you request a diploma, the diploma will be mailed at later date.


Please ensure that you are submitting a transcript request from a Catholic Secondary School in the Halton Region. There are secondary schools in surrounding regions with similar school names. Students requesting a document from another school board will not receive a refund if the request was accidentally submitted to HCDSB.

For questions about obtaining a student transcript or diploma, please contact Privacy, Records and Information Management Services

How Do I Access Specific Information?

For access to specific information, please contact the 91pro视频 office at: 905-632-6300 and you will be directed to the department responsible for the records you are seeking. Staff at the 91pro视频 office will assist you in determining if the records you are requesting can be released to you through a routine disclosure process, or you must complete a Freedom of Information (FOI) access request, under MFIPPA.

How Do I Make a Formal Freedom of Information (FOI) Request Under MFIPPA?

You may make a request under MFIPPA by . Completed forms must include an application fee of $5.00 which may be paid by cheque, payable to the 91pro视频 or credit card if using online form. Please provide as much detail as possible about the information you are requesting. You may send the completed request form and your payment to the Freedom of Information Officer at the 91pro视频 office:

Privacy, Records and Information Management Services
802 Drury Lane
Burlington, ON
L7R 2Y2

You may also reach the department by telephone at: 905-632-6300 and ask for the Manager, Privacy and RIM. Please review the FOI Request page for more information.

Can I Appeal a Decision Made by HCDSB?

You may appeal a decision made by the 91pro视频 regarding your request for access to records. The Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario (IPC), is appointed by the Ontario Legislature and is independent of the government. The IPC acts as the overseeing body to school boards.

If you request the IPC to review your access request, you must complete an application form at or contact them at 1-800-387-0073.

If you would like additional information from HCDSB’s Records and Information Management Services, please contact the 91pro视频 office at 905-632-6300 or through email at: or鈥嬧赌嬧赌嬧赌嬧赌嬧赌嬧赌嬧赌嬧赌嬧赌嬧赌嬧赌嬧赌嬧赌嬧赌嬧赌